Saturday, January 06, 2007

Back to Yoga

I had a restless sleep with my toe in pain...and i woke up feeling very grouchy. I text SGP to scold him for making me so miserable now as i can neither walk properly nor wear any shoes except for open-toed sandals/slippers. Luckily, i could still drive as my left foot big toe was affected! I rushed to the gym for New Age Yogi (NAY) class after an absence of almost 1 to 2 months as he took a short sabbatical to go holidaying or having a break.

I couldn't do some of the poses as my toe hurts esp the one leaning on the toes. Uggghhh...plain torturing!!! Today he played a mixture of Thai and Korean songs which was a refreshing change from the other gurus, who mostly play instrumentals as background music. His yoga style, which was as uplifting as his music, is very motivating and i found myself sweating buckets before long. Practically panting but enjoying the whole process nevertheless!! This has somehow renewed my interest in yoga and i vowed to continue my classes, which is probably the only choice i have since i can't wear my trainers or do strenuous classes like BC, BA or BS with an injured toe....We did a couple of sun salutations and some variations as warm-up, then the warrior 1 & 3 poses, the side planks and the bow. He seemed to incorporate some pilates movements too as evident in the roll-up and hundreds albeit in a slightly different way. We finished off with the Wheel pose whereby we were supposed to walk with our arms and legs towards our partner and wished them Happy New Year!!! This has the whole class bursting into laughter as it was practically quite impossible (tho' NAY managed to do it) to walk on the arms and legs when your whole body is upside down!!!!

My initial plan of going for BP was swapped for a lunch appointment instead since Very Quiet Guy 2 (VQG2) has been calling repeatedly and the thought of trying to stuff my foot into the shoe had me grimacing in pain already! We tried the newly opened restaurant named Nan Xiang Mantou, which serves Shanghainese dishes and was supposedly famous for their Shanghai Siew Loong Pau or that's what the waitress told me. We ordered a special fried rice, a fried mushroom noodle (waitress recommendation) and a basket of their siew loong pau with crab meat. I thought Dragon-I food is much better in comparison and furthermore, their menu is more extensive. The noodle is not too bad but my only grouse is that there's not enough of meat and mushroom while the rice is a tad too bland for my taste. The pau is kinda salty too though in texture, it resembled the ones served in Dragon-I. Even not all Dragon-I outlets food are good. So far, the outlet in 1U is good but not the ones in Mid Valley or Centrepoint. I have yet to try the newly-opened one at The Curve though.

After lunch, browsed through the flea market which seemed to be inudated with more stalls selling women's clothing, hair accessories, earrings then anything else! Wandered off to Borders subsequently as i searched for my dictionary for my treasure hunt. VQG2 acted as my bodyguard and wherever i go, he followed, which made me feeling slightly uneasy. Somehow, this is worse than going out with VQG1, who at least browsed the sections by himself and left me alone. I had exhausted most of the topics that we had something in common to talk about, which was mostly initiated by me so it was rather somewhat tiring. I popped over to New Zealand's ice-cream and decided to make some small talk as the silence was getting to me. I recommended the Rum n Raisin flavour, which was their best-seller to him and i took the butterscotch walnut. After the ice-cream, i begged to go home on the pretext that i had a pre-arranged dinner gathering with my family. I thought my 3 hours of companionship more than made up for the free lunch that i got.

I went home and slept after talking like an idiot for so many hours and empathise with the GROs. I woke up to find VQG2 sending me a TQ text and hopeful message of meeting another time. Uh-oh....hmmm, will think again before attempting.

No comments: