Thursday, January 04, 2007

Scan the pool

Initially, i wanted to go for Intersteps in the morning but as usual slept in and woke up at a time where there wasn't really any good classes to go to. I went to get my medical report and finshed the rest of my check-up with the doctor. I did a lung test, which was really funny as i had to blow as hard as i could into a tube, similar to the ones asthma patients use. Then, my foot was measured as part of the bone density test.

Thereafter, the doctor did a ultrasound scan of my organs and even printed out pictures of them, like the ones pregnant ladies get of their foetes. He explained how the organs should look like and how to spot a problem area. At one point, i was rather worried and i pointed out what seemed like a hole in my kidney. He pacified me by explaining that it's actually my gall bladder and not a hole!! Duhhhh....how clueless! He told me to do a stress test in future to get more exhaustive readings instead of the resting ECG test which i did. I was relieved to find that my results were all within normal range and i'm positively certified as healthy. I took my Hepatitis A + B jab as advised by the doc too.

Met up with workaholic who was working nearby and had Japanese food, my fave. I reckon since i was gonna get the hepatitis jab, might as well eat some sashimi. The restaurant had this unagi roll which was arranged like a rainbow on a plate and it was simply scrumptious. Since i didn't have my breakfast with the exception of a glass of soya bean, i was famished. The nurse had told me to go on an empty stomach otherwise it's pointless doing the scan. I took a slow walk back to the car and went in to FF to digest my food before going for a swim.

I'm developing a tan from the past few days of swimming and it has left an ugly mark on my back but since i seldom wear backless tops, it didn't really matter. The other good thing about being tanned is that it tend to hide your imperfections like acne spots on the face cos the fairer one is, the more visible pimples and freckles are on the face though i must be careful to not become so tanned till i had to change my foundation colour....*evil cackle*

By the time i reach the pool, it was getting cloudy and there were quite a number of kids around, who were busy splashing about. Hmmm, that's the problem with going to a public pool. It's hard to do a proper swim. I used to swim at the Shah Alam indoor pool which was Olympic size and was around 8 to 10 feet deep. Only the serious swimmers swim there and the pool was lined in laps which made it easier to swim. The outdoors pool is a tad shallow and most of the kids swim there. Tried the aquatic pool in Bukit Jalil as well but those who went were usually more interested to hover at the side of the pool and ducked down to see everytime a girl begins to swim. That is just so yucky! Of cos once, the pool was so dirty that there were a lot of dead insects floating on the pool!! Ugggghhhh....

No comments: