Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ginga & Evasive Side Kick

Fri morning couldn't wake up to go for my pilates so i ffk LM. Headed straight for the pool around 10 plus, which is a good time to swim with the morning sun in the warm water. Still haven't managed to overcome my phobia of drowning since that incident so basically stuck to the area where i can touch the ground. I jumped into the training pool as it was more quiet and nobody was doing any coaching. But i did caught some gardener peeping so it kinda gave me the creeps....Went home to shower since my bro told me that there were peeping Toms around.

The rest of the afternoon was spent running errands for my dad and going down to KL to close my bank a/c which i previously opened as i was working in KL. I was aghast as the bank has shifted and failed to inform me and i stared at another bank in what-used to be its spot. I asked the security guard who told me the bank had relocated down the road, where it was even harder to get a parking spot. Bother, bother, bother....in a desperate attempt, i parked illegally at the side of the road and left my dad to jaga for me. I approached the customer service officer but was told that i had to close my a/c at the bank tellers!!! I went upstairs to the banking hall and was livid as the queue was extremely long and it had already reached the stairs!!!! Moreover, the ticketing system was down. Just goes to show my decision to close my bank a/c was right after all! It took me almost an hour before it was my turn and there were 7 counters working!! See, that's the problem with the local banks....they are so inefficient.

I was so tired by the time i reached home that i took a nap in the later part of the evening before going for SGP BC class. Got a ride from Shadow. As i just woke up not too long ago, i was very blur and also not familiar with the new release yet since i had only done it once during the launch which was a week ago before i went down to Singapore. I was basically doing the whole thing with 2 left feet and turned left when people were doing it on their right so kena bombarded with sarcastic remarks like "U forgotten how to do BC oredi?" from SGP...Ummm, yeah, sorta cos still mc2 from sleep....hehehehehe.....he asked me again whether it was my 1st time doing the new release after class....errr, which i said no lar....

Still find it hard to execute the evasive sick kick properly esp when jumping....though the incorporation of the new capoeira moves (ginga) is definitely a refreshing change in Track 4, "Rock Me Amadeus".....my faves in this new release includes Track 3 (very intense, reminds me somewhat of Set U Free with the continuous uppercuts), Track 4, Track 1 warm-up (2nd parter, "Somebody told me" which was the song by The Killers, which i'm listening to at the mo'), beginning to like Track 2 as well (would be better without the shuffling bits), Track 6 is okie....still prefer "Vogue" for stylo mylo. Dun really fancy the Muay Thai even though the song is "We will Rock U" , one of Queen's classics, albeit in remixed version. I still prefer the version of We Will Rock U in BC 5 conditioning track....it's got a more rock and edgier sound to it compared to this techno version....The killer in this release is the moving forwards and backwards plank in the conditioning track!! Ugghhh, as though that's not enough, it was followed by continuous abs work.....they trying to kill us or something? This release is really intense. By track 3, everyone is basically strained....esp if done non-stop....the intensity is getting to BA level, a factor prob contributed by the fact that one of the choreographers, Rachel is also the choreographer for BA....Anyway, every new release of BC still have enough surprises to sustain the interests of the hardcore BC fans, me included....:D

After class, went for supper at the next door foodcourt. Wow, really missed the Black Pepper Chicken Chop. Initially wanted to eat chee cheong fun but since it was too late to eat so much carbo, go with protein instead. Shared the chicken chop with my friend and later we adjourned to Starbucks for a chat. I love their Xmas Toffee Nut Frapp, though i had to ask them to give me a lighter version as i find it a tad too sweet.

No comments: